Year-End Tax Decisions
As the end of 2015 approaches, many of your clients may be considering options for charitable giving. Research by the Center for Philanthropy shows that 24 percent of annual donations by individuals or families occur between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve. Whether inspired by the season or the uncertainty of future tax changes, many people are currently seeking the best means to execute their charitable desires.
The New Braunfels Area Community Foundation can help with those important decisions. From our variety of funds, your clients can select one or more to express their charitable interests while securing 2015 tax deductions.
Some NBACF funds to consider:
- Donor-Advised Fund. Permits the highest level of donor involvement, allowing advisory authority over grant making throughout the life of the fund.
- Designated Fund. Creates a fund specifically to benefit causes or non-profits the benefactor identifies.
- Unrestricted Gift. Fulfills a broader community focus by allowing the NBACF Board of Directors to assist with community needs as they arise.
- Field of Interest Fund. Permits identification of specific areas of interest and the flexibility to meet community needs.
Advantages of creating a fund with the New Braunfels Area Community Foundation:
- Flexibility. Gifts can take many forms. Long-term capital-gain assets, such as appreciated stock, are an attractive option, as they generally qualify for deduction at fair market value.
- Efficiency. Consolidate charitable giving and gain access to administrative capabilities, simplifying giving and reducing time and expenses.
- Impact. Community funds allow donors to honor someone, to create a legacy, and to keep their gifts viable in perpetuity. All funds may be added to indefinitely, building a charitable vehicle with ever-increasing impact.