Bandera Electric Cooperative Scholarships – Applications are open NOW. Applications close at midnight, March 21, 2018.
The Bandera Electric Cooperative scholarship program was established in 1998 to encourage and assist in the educational pursuits of members and their immediate family members or applicants who reside in the service area.
Parents or legal guardians must be members of Bandera Electric Cooperative or receive BEC service at their residence and provide written verification from the member-owner of the account.
* Graduating high school seniors must have maintained at least 80 percent on a 100 percent scale.
* Students currently enrolled in post-secondary education course work must have maintained a minimum cumulative of 2.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale at an accredited four-year university/college, junior college, or TEA-approved trade school.
* Applicants must meet general admittance requirements of the accredited four-year university/college, junior college or TEA-approved trade school to which they apply to receive funds.
* Applicants may only win once.
*** *** *** ***
Online applications for the following scholarships will open Jan. 30, 2018 and close March 7, 2018
Anthony Chalupa Memorial Scholarship – The Anthony Chalupa Memorial Scholarship was established in 2017 in memory of Anthony Chalupa, a well-loved father, husband and member of the NBCA family, who passed away from cancer in 2015. Anthony’s wife, Megg Chalupa, and New Braunfels Christian Academy wanted to create the Anthony Chalupa Memorial Scholarship Fund with New Braunfels Area Community Foundation to continue her husband’s legacy of inspiring, teaching and encouraging others, ingenuity, and Christian values.
Comal 4-H Scholarship – The Comal 4-H Scholarship is available to a current high school senior who plans to attend a college, university or vocational school in the Fall of 2018. Applicants must be active in the Comal County 4-H Program and must have been a participant for a minimum of two years. Applicants will be selected on the basis of participation in 4-H projects, activities, leadership, character and scholastic record.
Karl and Beth Hittle Scholarship (New Braunfels or Canyon High School) – The Karl and Beth Hittle Scholarship Fund was established by Karl and Beth Hittle in February of 2015. The fund will award a scholarship(s) to a student(s) who, in order of priority, who will be attending Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas; or will be attending an accredited Christian seminary; or will be attending a vocational or trade school.
Logan’s Legacy Memorial Fund Scholarship (Canyon High School) – The Logan’s Legacy Memorial Fund was established by the family and friends of Logan Nash Davidson in 2014 to assist graduates of Canyon High School who are pursuing secondary education opportunities such as trade schools, specialty schools, junior college, law enforcement and the military.
New Braunfels Area Car Club Scholarship – The New Braunfels Area Car Club Scholarship provides graduating seniors the opportunity to continue education in a field related to the automobile industry. Applicants must be a resident of the area covered by membership in the New Braunfels Area Car Club (Comal and Guadalupe counties).
New Braunfels/Canyon Lake Association of REALTORS® Scholarship – The NBCLAR Scholarship is open to students who
* Live in Comal or NBISD school district
* Are graduating seniors from an NBISD or Comal ISD high school; home schooled; or private high schools
* Are involved in school and community activities and/or works part time
* Demonstrate financial need and is not receiving numerous other scholarships
* Have maintained a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) and are passing all classes
* Have been accepted to a 2 or 4 year accredited university or trade school
NBISD Scholarships – Check back in the coming days for a detailed list of NBISD Scholarships
Nick Leifeste Memorial Scholarship – The Nick Leifeste Memorial Scholarship Fund is dedicated to recognizing and supporting graduating seniors who have been four-year members of the New Braunfels High School Band and intend to pursue post-secondary education opportunities at a four-year university or a two-year community college. Requirements include:
* Exhibit a love for music and the NBHS band
* Exhibit dedication and tenacity in striving to reach their goals, musical and other
* Exhibit the qualities of selflessness and loyalty in their relationships with others.
* There is not a required field of study, but special consideration will be given to those applicants pursuing a degree in music performance or music education.
Ola Armstrong Scholarship, The GVTC Foundation – Recipients of the Ola Armstrong Scholarship are those that exemplify characteristics of community involvement by volunteering in the communities in which they live. Students applying to The GVTC Foundation scholarships must live within the GVTC service area and must subscribe to at least one GVTC service.
Ritchie T. Sorrells Scholarship for Leaders, The GVTC Foundation – Recipients of the Ritchie T. Sorrells Scholarship for Leaders are those that exemplify leadership qualities and hold a leadership position in their current school, community organization, club or committee. Students applying to The GVTC Foundation scholarships must live within the GVTC service area and must subscribe to at least one GVTC service.
The Honorable Judge Robert T. Pfeuffer Civic Leadership Scholarship Fund was established in 2017 in memory of retired State District Judge Robert (Bob) T. Pfeuffer, to continue his legacy of civic leadership and commitment to community. A scholarship will be awarded to a student who has demonstrated outstanding civic leadership and will be attending Texas A&M University. While not required, special consideration will be given to incoming members of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets
W.G.L. Jr. Scholarship (Canyon High School) – Created more than 20 years ago by a New Braunfels family, the W.G.L. Jr. Scholarship Fund helps further the education of Canyon High School graduates. The scholarship is open to those students in the top third of their class who are planning on pursuing a four-year degree. Awards are based on need, character and financial need.
More scholarships will be added to this list in the coming days. Online applications open Jan. 30, 2018.
Donate to a scholarship fund HERE.
Questions or comments? Contact Betty Taylor at email@example.com or (830) 606-9597.