About NB Next
A giving circle of individuals who combine their gifts to support charitable causes
NB Next grant applications are open
NB Next, in partnership with the New Braunfels Community Foundation, is excited to open the application process for their second community grant. A $5,000 grant will be awarded to one nonprofit organization in support of a high impact program in New Braunfels or Comal County.
Strongest consideration will be given to nonprofit programs that can demonstrate an impact on the lives of local residents, verifiable by operational measurements of success.
- 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations in New Braunfels and Comal County are invited to apply.
- Download application HERE.
- Email completed application, a list of current Board of Directors, and an updated financial statement to Nextgrants@nbacf.org by 5 p.m., Monday, April 1, 2019.
Three applicants will be selected as finalists for the award by the NB Next Grants Committee and notified in mid-April. The three finalists will be asked to create an original 60-second video to be shown at an NB Next membership meeting in May. NB Next members in good standing will vote on the final award recipient at that meeting.
Join NB Next HERE.
About NB Next
Emerging leaders in the Comal County area came together in October of 2015 to create NB Next with the New Braunfels Area Community Foundation. By creating a legacy of giving, the club is an extension of NBACF’s mission to connect people who care with causes that matter for the enduring benefit of our community.
While not unique to community foundations, this club is unique to our area and provides tremendous opportunities for securing and growing the next generation of leaders with a charitable spirit in our area.
How it works:
Through an endowment fund with NBACF, NB Next provides a way for emerging community leaders to pool their resources with others and put their philanthropic dreams into action.
With an annual tax-deductible membership donation, possible fundraising events, and opportunities for sponsorship, members create a pool of funds to be used to help realize those dreams. Each year, a percentage of the pooled funds will be used to make grants to the community, and the rest will go into an endowment fund. The endowment will then be used to enhance the amount given away in the following years.
Members are involved in accepting, evaluating, and awarding grants. Each member has a vote in how the grants are awarded.
- Pooled funds make a greater impact than one person’s donation
- Active involvement in how the money is being granted
- Introduction and interaction with nonprofit executives and other board members
- Increased awareness about nonprofit organizations and opportunities
- Opportunities to take part in leadership training and serve on boards of local nonprofits
Join NB Next:
- A $200 annual donation provides a membership and can be placed in an individual’s name or couple’s name. Couples may join with one $200 membership. However, one membership counts as one vote.
- Payment Options: Pay in full at time of membership ; or pay $25 per month (ten months)
- All members must be 21 or older.
Join NB Next HERE.
Are you interested in serving on the following NB Next Committees or learning more about NB Next, contact us NBNext@nbacf.org or at (830) 606-9597.
Thank you for making a difference in our community now and for generations to come!